Wednesday, August 04, 2010

The Best News I've Heard This Year!



What boggles my mind is why so many people would bother to give one iota about the issue of marriage equality, let alone contributing huge sums of money to stop marriage equality from happening! Despite what the far-right likes to say, it doesn't have any impact on heterosexual marriages any more than unmarried gays living together has an impact on unmarried straights living together.

This is not a liberal/conservative/Democrat/Republican issue; this is an EQUAL RIGHTS issue.

And while this ruling will be appealed, and it may well turn up in the lap of SCOTUS, today is a victory I will relish long and hard. It is a big steaming hot dish of fuckyou served up to the Mormon Church, and any other idiot groups who pumped millions of dollars into the campaign of H8.

And I can't help but sit here with this smirk on my face wondering if they all got their money's worth in the end.

No comments: