Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Reality Sinks In... Slowly

It's starting to finally hit me that during the course of 2007 I could possibly go from emotional rock-bottom with no income, to having a job I love with the best income I've ever had, back to being jobless again. Oh well.

Life is an adventure. And in the event that my agency does not get chosen by our client during this review process, I'm sure it would not be a problem getting hired by the chosen agency as they would obviously be in a hiring frenzy -- and what better catch than a media buyer who had worked on the very campaign they just snagged.

I hope it doesn't come to that. It might require a move to New York.

GAG ME!

No offense to New Yorkers, you've got a lovely city, but I just don't want to live there. I need my space. And open space. And a quiet one-acre lot just 12 miles from where I work. That's for me.

On a note unrelated to this post, we were driving home today from work in the rain, and just about 2 miles before our house I saw a horrific accident on the highway involving a large van. I was so focused on driving in the rain that I didn't see for certain where the van came from. I just remember seeing it spinning out of control from the highway into the ditch against a rocky hillside. It hit the hillside so hard it seemed to bounce end over end before finally coming to rest upside down back on the highway, with the undercarriage steaming.

I slowed to stop as did several other vehicles, and was wondering what to do. Thankfully, there was a cop approaching from behind us. No need to call 911.

No doubt, there were going to be emergency vehicles coming to that grisly scene. At that point I stopped obsessing about my uncertain future for awhile at least.

No comments: