Monday, January 29, 2007

I Owe, I Owe, It's Off to Work I Go

I always hated those bumper stickers. Primarily because I was working at crappy jobs I despised back in the days when those stickers were more common. And I really didn't see much humor in joking about having to work to pay off a huge consumer credit card debt.

Today is my first day back in a real office after about seven years of working from home. Needless to say, posting will be light, or non-existent during the weekdays. We'll see how much energy I have in the evenings.

The good news is, this really doesn't require a huge change in my lifestyle other than a commute, and the inability now to do laundry or clean the kitchen at 2 pm. I got up this morning at 5:45, not much earlier than my usual 6:30-ish. And thankfully, no alarm clock involved. In my opinion, the absolute worst way to start a day is hearing a shrill clock.

As Benjamin Franklin said, "Early to bed early to rise makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise."

Good to know, because I could use a generous dose of all three.

No comments: