Thursday, July 16, 2009

Bless Pat

I had a rant building up inside me but the Field Negro stole my thunder. Typical. Because you know, you can't trust those Negores, or those Latina Puerto Ricans who busted their asses to succeed, or the Mexican day-laborers who build most of our shit. Or the slave labor which built most of our nation.

I am so filled with shame right now. Obama delivered an excellent speech before the NAACP today, and I hope they listen.
"Make no mistake: The pain of discrimination is still felt in America," said Obama, who was greeted with cheers and extended applause. "By African American women paid less for doing the same work as colleagues of a different color and gender. By Latinos made to feel unwelcome in their own country. By Muslim Americans viewed with suspicion for simply kneeling down to pray. By our gay brothers and sisters, still taunted, still attacked, still denied their rights."


Especially the white folks, because they NEED to hear it.. But then, that makes me a racist, doesn't it?

Pat definitely qualifies.

No comments: