Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Bloomberg's Good News

Or is it bad news? Good? Bad? Good? Bad? I can't decide.
New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg on Tuesday switched his party status from Republican to unaffiliated, a stunning move certain to be seen as a prelude to an independent presidential bid that would upend the 2008 race.
I guess my big question is, if he runs for President as an independent, who is he going to siphon more votes from, Democrats or Republicans?

On 2nd thought, I can decide. If Hillary ends up with the Dem nomination and Bloomberg is running as an independent, he'll get far more Democrat protest votes than he will from any Republicans, regardless of their nominee. And while I'm not at all a fan of Hillary, the idea of another Republican sliding in due to a splintered bunch of Democrats is enough to make me ill.

No comments: