Thursday, June 21, 2007

Some Where There's Music

Some where there’s music,
How faint the tune!
Some where there’s heaven,
How high the moon!
There is no moon above
When love is far away too,
‘Til it comes true



konagod has been waiting all week, very patiently, for a package to arrive. Today it came.



I opened it with glee.



Oh my goodness. This is going to take me WAY back to the 70s.



WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! A Double Whammy from YES!



But wait, there's more...

Oh, FINALLY, I got the new Patty Griffin CD!!



And then.... what one music critic from the New York Times recently called one of the greatest pop recordings of all time.... and I've never owned it until now. I'll bet there's some stuff on here I've never even heard (unless it's like the Fleetwood Mac Rumours album which was a huge disappointment for me because there were no surprises when I played it -- I'd already heard the whole damn thing!):



And lastly, the BIGGEST treat. OK, so I know this is old news by now since the CD came out on Monday, but I ordered from amazon.com because it's cheaper and no sales tax, and no shipping charges. For me, that's worth 4 days.



Time to crank up the CD player. It's like a birthday party at the Kona Ranch.

UPDATE: We're knee-deep in it. And Patty is already reminding me of the Jack White/Loretta Lynn collaboration. Damn, it's gonna be a good weekend, starting tonight.

"I'm getting ready to let you go." Reminds me of "Red Shoes."

No comments: