Monday, June 25, 2007

Monday Garden Blogging

The mild rainy weather continues. And txrad keeps harvesting goodies from the garden. We're loving the fresh basil... BIG leaves.




Yesterday I went out to check on my potted habenero plant and spotted this bit of color. It's not big but I'm sure it will knock our socks off. We'll have to plan the dish carefully which incorporates this hunk o' burnin' love.




It's been several years since we've had tomatoes this large. Keep 'em coming. I want LOTS more.




txrad took some of the tomatoes, chopped them up with onions, cilantro, lime juice, a jalapeño, salt & pepper, and produced this "rooster's beak," aka pico de gallo.




Yeah, we know the less-watery roma tomatoes work best, but txrad wanted to use our home-grown tomatoes. We have some ideas for using the excess liquid in the future. I'll save those for another garden blog. Personally, I think the liquid would make a nice treat served in a shot glass -- and healthier than tequila!

Last night we drank tequila, opened up this bag of chips, and consumed mass quantities of the pico de gallo. Yum!




Everybody hungry now?

No comments: