Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Brain Malfunction

I've been sitting here for about an hour wondering what to post. Maybe I need to come up with a theme for Wednesdays -- much like the "Monday Garden Blog."

Actually, as if work hasn't been enough to exhaust me this week, there has been a sleep issue. It all started Sunday night when we had that big storm and the power went out for a few seconds. Just long enough to reset the clock to 12:00.

txrad was kind enough to reset the clock. Then Monday evening he went in and turned on the alarm to wake us up the next morning, only he forgot to reset the time for the alarm.

Tuesday morning the alarm went off and I apparently hit the snooze button a couple of times. I don't really remember it. This continued for quite a while. Finally I started thinking, "I don't know why I'm so tired but I cannot get up now and I know I'm going to be late for work."

After hitting snooze a few more times I finally was awake enough to actually open my eyes and look at the clock. It was 2:07 AM. I'd been hitting the snooze button every 11 minutes or whatever for 2 hours. Then I was so annoyed I couldn't go back to sleep until probably well after 3:00.

I haven't fully recovered yet.

No comments: