Tuesday, September 18, 2007

My Financial Strategy

Stocks soar today.

OK, that's enough for me. I've been waiting on this day for weeks. I'm cashing out for portfolio before Friday. And I'm going to hold on to CASH throughout the month of October.

And then, if there are rumors of another rate cut by the Fed before the next meeting, I'll buy back in. And then cash out again after the next rate cut.

I figure I can do this 3 or 4 times and make out quite well compared to how I have been doing over the past 6 months.

At some point though, I'm going to have to find the threshold at which I just stay out indefinitely. This mortgage thing sounds nasty and late into next year it appears it might get worse as adjustable rate mortgages are going to toss another large segment of society into the "I can't pay my mortgage" blues.

I am crossposting this from konagod to Big Brass Blog because, like any sensible American (how few of us there are), it's always nice to get the opinions of an economist and/or financial expert, and/or guru.

Personally, I don't see how I can go wrong. But then again, I've had that attitude in the past and look where I am now.

No comments: