Friday, September 07, 2007

The Week That Was Totally Wrong

Nothing was easy. I had the most work-intensive week of my entire 17-year career in the advertising industry.

I said today that I had a new drinking game: I'd drink a shot for every Excel spreadsheet I'd manipulated all week and I'd be in the hospital Saturday morning. I'm serious.

As long as I'm not expected to do advanced level stuff like pivot tables, I can work wonders and magic with Excel. I've done it for about 15 years. And I did it this week, but not without trials and tribulations.

I massaged a HUGE amount of data. It wore me to the bone. But I accomplished what I set for myself as goals for the week, and I'm amazed. But I had problems along the way.

By the end of this week, even simple tasks like sorting data were proving to be a hassle. Nothing was as easy as it normally is.

So when I came home, after a 10.5 hour work day, I realized even the week fucked me over. Despite working more than 8 hours all week, I got no overtime because of the Monday holiday. So basically I worked harder than I have in my entire life and made less than I normally do in a routine 5-day workweek.

Great.

And the last thing I needed when I got home was MORE hassles with Blogger and Photobucket, which shut down everyfuckingtime I tried to upload a photo.

The program would just close and leave me facing my desktop.

So, without further ado, I bid you adieu.

Adieu, adieu, to you and you and you.

Remind anyone of any blonde Austrians?

I'd post a photo, but I'm sure I'd get shut down.

There's a sad sort of clanging from the clock in the hall
And the bells in the steeple too.
And up in the nursery an ubsurd little bird
Is popping out to say cook-coo cook-coo, cook-coo
Regretfully they tell us cook-coo
But firmly they compell us cook-coo
To say goodbye cook-coo...To you...
So long farewell, auf weidersehen good-bye
Marta:
I hate to go and leave this pretty sight
So long farewell, auf weidersehen adieu
Freidrich:
Adieu, adieu, to you and you and you
So long farewell, au revior auf weidersehen
Liesl:
I'd like to stay and taste my first champagne
Yes?
Captain:
No
So long farewell, auf weidersehen goodnight
Kurt:
I leave and heave a sigh and say good bye - goodbyyyyyyeeeee!
Brigitta:
I'm glad... to go.... I cannot tell a lie
Louisa:
I fleet, I float, I fleetly flee I fly...
Gretl:
The sun... has gone... to bed and so must I...So long...farewell...auf weidersehen goodbye...Goodbye...Goodbye....Goodbye....
Guests:
Goodbye...

No comments: