Sunday, October 21, 2007

Exterior Motives

This is my next project. I need something outside the house for a change. I've tried to turn this into something very attractive for the past 10 years and basically the only thing that grows well here are salvias, lantana, and poison oak....and unless its maintained regularly, grass grows well, as you can see.

The annoying poison oak keeps coming from under the concrete walk so I'm not sure how to eradicate that nuisance.





I'm thinking of two options, either a rock garden with cactus and succulents which are winter hardy, or amend the soil and maybe try growing some veggies and herbs. A variety of chili peppers would add some color. I'm leaning towards the latter option.

I'll update this post and move it to the top with new photos once I get started.

And I'd like to get started on Monday since I'm staying home from work.

No comments: