Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Good News On This Last Day of April

Hard to believe tomorrow is May.

Last night we tapped into a delicious bottle of white wine. While it was only $11.69 with a discount for buying six assorted bottles awhile back, it was exquisite which is to be expected for a nice Italian wine. We've had the red Italian Masi Campofiorin which is one of my favorites, so when I saw the white I had to give it a shot. Rather tart but refreshing on a warm evening, and the hint of sweet in the aftertaste makes it memorable.



So little did I know that we were actually celebrating something last night. Yes I knew the new roof was going to be installed on Thursday, but I didn't think about the fact that the materials would be delivered today, on Wednesday.

As if that wasn't enough cause for excitement, I had an email which I read last evening from my ex-boss at the agency informing me that one of my colleagues had resigned and there was an immediate opening for which I am extremely qualified.

Right at the moment when I'm spending every last cent of our savings on home improvements, there's a chance at least I will soon be employed again. In familiar territory, amid friendly folk.

Cheers! Here's to a happy May Day.

If the sun refused to shine, I don't mind.



Bootsy kinda has a Grace Jones vibe goin' on, doesn't he?

No comments: