Thursday, November 13, 2008

Bad Bad Children

My work week has been unlike anything I've experienced in a long time and it's draining me creatively. So I'm just going to default to a Question of the Day this evening.

I was just discussing with txrad what a brat I was as a child. We had several old houses moved onto our farm property when I was a child. They were used for storage or whatever. One of them which was pretty much in shambles anyway still had windows, and one day while a fellow brat friend of mind was over, he and I proceeded to shoot out and break most of the windows in it. Windows are fun to smash, as are light bulbs which was what got txrad and I onto this conversation.

My worst transgression as a child had to be the time my father had bought my mother a new Buick. I was probably not more than 5 years old at the time. My mother remarked that she might have liked the car in a different color.

I did her a favor and went out with a can of spray paint and tried my hardest to give her car a makeover.

I don't even think I got spanked, unlike the window-shooting episode. I think my parents thought it was funny. The next time I talk to her I want to ask her about this. I'm curious as to how they rectified the situation.

So, my obvious question to my readers is this: What is the most awful thing you did as a child, did you get punished, etc.

Inquiring minds want to know.

No comments: