Friday, December 28, 2007

Friday Pussy Blog: The Money Pit Edition

A couple of weeks ago when I did the Cat Box Edition, Rebecca had sent me a cute photo of Gidget in Rebecca's sheet music bag. I already had my blog post up so I'm adding this as a late entry to that post.



One of the reasons I love using Quicken to track my spending is so I can put my finger on specifics within a matter of seconds. My year-to-date expenses in the category of "Pet Supplies" is $605.22 which is about a third of what I spent on utilities this year -- utilities being electricity usage, water, garbage collection and recycling pickup. And those are after-tax dollars.

It's safe to say I need to earn $1,000 to properly care for my felines during the year. Another way of looking at it is that $1,000 goes in the mouth, out the ass, and eventually into the dumpster. Some of it goes in the mouth, stays in the stomach a short while and then comes back out of the mouth. But in general it's a point A to point B trip.

No feline is better equipped to illustrate this than Tater Tot.



Some of my money is heavily invested in the Tater Tot Bank and Trust where it earns a reasonable rate of interest.



But there is never a penalty for early withdrawal, and twice a week I take out bags of money for disposal.



I always know when it's time to make a deposit because the feline dance will be in progress. Tater Tot and Sweet Pea, on opposite sides of the glass, have a common desire.



We had a bit of canine drama this afternoon when I started writing this post. I had left the garage door open after lunch -- and that's not usually a problem if the neighbors would obey the fucking law and keep their dogs fenced in rather than allowing them to roam the neighborhood.

Four very large dogs came into the garage and entered our fenced back yard via a door from the garage which we we keep opened enough to allow our outside cats to have access to the garage. txrad and I ran out trying to have a canine round-up and after a few minutes we were successful.

I have no idea where Sweet Pea is. He had been relaxing in a sunny spot on the ground prior to the canine fracas. But I did find poor old Tiger high up in a tree next to the garage. I had to use the zoom lens to get this shot. He's probably about 20 feet up the tree. I hope it's as easy getting down as it was getting up.



I waited about 45 minutes before posting this and I'm happy to report both cats have come back down to earth and are both in the contented & meditative Cat Loaf position. Whew!

Happy Friday everyone!

No comments: