Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Jobbie The Hutt



Just a quick update on my employee-bloated place of employment and my status. All signs of a massive layoff are pointing to Friday. A big meeting with a vendor on Friday morning was abruptly cancelled today to be "rescheduled at a later date." Rumors had already been flying around since last Friday that this Friday would be the day.

Who knows? They might even get an early start tomorrow. We shall see.

One of the things I'm going to miss most are the people I've enjoyed hanging around chatting with for the past 9 months. After working from home for the past 6 or 7 years it has been a blast getting to meet a lot of new people during the short duration of my employment.

I'm not suggesting I'm one of the people getting laid off. I might be; I don't know. But I do know that many will be laid off. Change is on the horizon.

No comments: