Sunday, August 31, 2008

A Conversation with My Mother

I honestly didn't expect this from my soon-to-be 85-year-old mother.

Me: Did you think McCain lost his mind or what?

Mom: Sarah Palin? I think she makes the most sense of all of them.

Me: You can't be serious! McCain is probably going to drop dead before his first term ends and she'll be the president!

Mom: Well, Obama is probably going to get assassinated.

Me: At least we'd have Biden who has some experience.

Mom: I can't stand Biden. And Palin is Governor of Alaska with an 80% approval rating.

Sigh. If my mother gets her way we certainly won't be seeing any positive change in this country in her lifetime. None whatsoever. But then, we can't even agree on the definition of positive change. So.. at least she'd go out on a high note.

This is bewildering to me.

No comments: