It begins with this picture -- the typical red-blooded American. You know, white and male. Friendly, jovial, and happy... as long as you agree with his views. And if you don't, the American thing to do is pack up your stuff and get your sorry ass on the next plane with a one-way ticket bound for some backwater Socialist state like Sweden. Whoever wrote this harangue and others like it are clearly living in fear of something.
Here's the entire piece for your enjoyment. The large bold font of the first line is how the entire diatribe was delivered. I can only hope the font size was chosen because the vast majority who hold these opinions are old and have bad vision. But I have my doubts.
I Am the Liberal-Progressives Worst Nightmare. I am an American.
• I believe the money I make belongs to me and my family, not some Liberal governmental functionary be it Democratic or Republican!
• I'm in touch with my feelings and I like it that way!
• I think owning a gun doesn't make you a killer, it makes you a smart American.
• I think being a minority does not make you noble or victimized, and does not entitle you to anything.
• I believe that if you are selling me a Big Mac, do it in English.
• I believe everyone has a right to pray to his or her God when and where they want to.
• My heroes are John Wayne, Babe Ruth, Roy Rogers, and whoever canceled Jerry Springer.
• I know wrestling is fake and I don't waste my time watching or arguing about it.
• I've never owned a slave, or was a slave, I haven't burned any witches or been persecuted by the Turks and neither have you! So, shut up already.
• I believe if you don't like the way things are here, go back to where you came from and change your own country! This is AMERICA.
• If you were born here and don't like it you are free to move to any Socialist country that will have you.
• I want to know which church is it exactly where the Reverend Jesse Jackson preaches, where he gets his money, and why he is always part of the problem and not the solution. Can I get an AMEN on that one?
• I think the cops have every right to shoot your sorry rear if you're running from them..
• I also think they have the right to pull you over if you're breaking the law, regardless of what color you are.
• And, no, I don't mind having my face shown on my drivers license. I think it's good... And I'm proud that 'God' is printed on my money.
• I think if you are too stupid to know how a ballot works, I don't want you deciding who should be running the most powerful nation in the world for the next four years.
• I dislike those people standing in the intersections trying to sell me stuff or trying to guilt me into making 'donations' to their cause.
• I believe that it doesn't take a village to raise a child, it takes two parents.
• I believe 'illegal' is illegal no matter what the lawyers think.
• I believe the American flag should be the only one allowed in AMERICA!
• If this makes me a BAD American, then yes, I'm a BAD American.
• If you are a BAD American too, please forward this to everyone you know.
• We want our country back!
And then it finishes with the obligatory American flag followed by “We need God back in our country.”
I could turn this into a lengthy post with all my opinions rolled into one big rant. But is it worth it? No.
I will say this. However you want to define God, or not, my definition of God has never left our country. God is in every atomic particle of everything that exists on this planet and beyond. The bark of a tree, the air, the water, the nuclear waste sludge piles, the dinosaur shit you pump into your SUV, and the cat poop I need to scoop out of my litter boxes. God is in the air you exhale as you speak English, German, Portuguese, Samoan, or Spanish.
“God” does not need to be printed on money because God exists in the paper fibers of the currency. God is distributed evenly throughout the world and that is impossible to disturb.
Apparently, I am an American’s worst nightmare. I am a free-thinking, intelligent, liberal-progressive. And you narrow-minded fascist bigots who compose crap like this should know I will fight with every ounce of my being against this tyranny of the so-called majority whose objective is silencing dissent and clamping down on a broad swath of freedoms.
You can get a big AMEN from me on that one.
"Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God." -- Thomas Jefferson
And would someone please tell me what the French call a Big-Mac? Last time I was at a McDonald's in France it was called le big-mac.