Friday, July 14, 2006

New Poll Positive for Democrats

Frankly, I'm not sure what the Democrats have done to reap this harvest. Anything looks good after so many years of Republican dominance.

Americans by an almost 3-to-1 margin hold the GOP-controlled Congress in low regard and profess a desire to see Democrats wrest control after a dozen years of Republican rule.

Further complicating the GOP outlook to turn things around is a solid percentage of liberals, moderates and even conservatives who say they'll vote Democratic.

Eric Bean, 24, a college minister in Fort Worth, Texas said, "I'd much rather see a Congress that would support our president. I think George Bush is doing the best he can. I think Republicans will support him."

"Doing the best he can?" Don't we deserve much better than his best?

Prior to a barbeque dinner with a freshly slaughtered wild boar served in his honor, Bush responded to a double-barreled question in a meeting with reporters concerning the growing crises in the Middle East. “I thought you were going to ask me about the pig.”

Always good to know his priorities are in order.

No comments: