Monday, February 05, 2007

The Bus is the Way to Go

After driving to work five days last week I decided to try the bus this morning. That worked out fine. Aside from only costing $1.00 roundtrip it was as quick as driving. Of course the tradeoff is that I now have to stress about getting out of the office on time to catch the bus which is still about a 12 minute walk from the office. Because it's a commuter bus they don't run all day; they have 4 or 5 in the morning and about the same number in the afternoon, so there's a narrow window of opportunity.

Nevertheless, I think this is the way to go. It's way more relaxing than driving, and a lot cheaper. I figured I'm spending $3.00 a day on gas when I drive vs. $1.00 to be driven. Granted, I do have to drive to the park & ride but that's only 3 1/2 miles vs 13 miles to the office.

Watching all the cars packing the freeway this afternoon I cannot understand why more people don't take the bus. It's crazy.

No comments: