Sunday, June 04, 2006

What is wrong with Utah?

Just when you think you've seen, read or heard it all, there's always something new.

The New York Times today had a story by Timothy Egan on Bush's continued popularity in the "reddest of the red states." Just enjoy a few of these quotes from the state with the most people who still have their heads up their butts AND buried in the sand.

"When I watch him, I see a man with his heart in the right place," said Delia Randall, a 22-year-old mother from Provo, the hub of a county that gave Senator John Kerry just 11 percent of the presidential vote in 2004. "I like George Bush because he is God fearing, and that's how a lot of people in this area feel."

Really! And that trait alone makes him fit for command in what way exactly?

"I'm against the war in Iraq — and what happened with Hurricane Katrina, well, it was a failure by everybody," said Ron Craft, a sales manager in Provo who said he was a devout Mormon and a strong conservative who considered himself independent politically. "I tend to judge a person by their character. And President Bush reminds me of President Reagan. He's a man of principle."

"He's strong, and he doesn't waver," said Jaren Olsen, 18, a freshman at Brigham Young, the nation's largest religiously affiliated private university, who is from Albany. "I like that he is for the family, that marriage should only be between a man and woman. And the war, we need to finish what we started."

The article goes on...

Another student at Brigham Young, Danielle Pulsipher, a junior, offered blanket approval of the president. Asked to name which of his actions as president she liked most, she was hard-pressed to answer.

"I'm not sure of anything he's done, but I like that he's religious — that's really important," Ms. Pulsipher said.

"I like his honesty," said Allison Wilkey, a mother of three.

Very interesting since I can't think of much he's done either, except LIE constantly. I'm not even going to waste my time going on a lengthy rant about this. I'll just let the comments speak for themselves. This is talibanical thinking at it's best. Bush is a disaster but, let's just support him because of our delusional fantasy of what he is.

Here's the link
http://www.nytimes.com/2006/06/04/washington/04believers.html?ex=1149566400&en=ec46209bd3e797ac&ei=5087%0A

Subscription may be required.






2 comments:

AnnM said...

I can tell you what is wrong with Utah:

What's up with those three red states?

Anonymous said...

Looks nice! Awesome content. Good job guys.
»