Sunday, April 08, 2007

Fine and Mellow

Eleanora Fagan Gough was born on April 7, 1915.





Lakshminarayana Shankar was 87 yesterday. We had the pleasure of seeing Ravi perform in London back around 1994 at the Royal Albert Hall. It was just a fluke. We were on the bus and passed the venue and saw that he was performing that night so we got tickets. I am such a Pavlov's dog. When I hear sitar I immediately begin salivating for a big dark Punjabi to pull some hot naan from his tandoor.




On April 7, 1988 Plasmatics singer Wendy O. Williams -- possibly the most abrasive voice in rock history -- killed herself near her home in Connecticut. I remember seeing this clip when it was originallly broadcast. I also saw the Plasmatics perform in... Pine Bluff, Arkansas of all places. They opened for KISS. I was such a young fool... I left after the Plasmatics' gig. I'll always wonder what I missed.

No comments: