Wednesday, January 09, 2008

A Most Interesting Political Season

Congratulations to Hillary! And not because she is my preferred candidate, or because she beat Obama and Edwards, but because she simply kicked some ass after a grueling week.

Photo credit: Doug Mills/New York Times



Aside from the usual dirty tricks which always seem to emerge during a campaign and tarnish the image of whomever I have chosen as my favorite candidate, I must say I am fascinated by the events as they unfold. And I was riveted during the coverage of primary results in New Hampshire last night.

I amused myself by watching the wives of the various candidates as they gave their speeches. And the contrast between the Republicans and Democrats' wives says a lot.

Ann Romney looked miserable, as if she couldn't wait for Mitt to shut the hell up so they could get off-camera.

Janet Huckabee seemed far more involved and engaged in Mike's speech.

But the best of all was the introduction Elizabeth Edwards gave to the crowd. She oozed pride and energy and clearly seems to believe in their cause. I would sincerely love to have such a first lady.

No comments: