Thursday, April 01, 2010

March Liquor Consumption Plunges to 10 Year Low

This is not an April Fool's joke. However, it does only apply to our household, not the nation as a whole.

Today marks 31 days (last time I counted, that's a month!) during which time I have not had a tequila shot, a glass of scotch, a glass of wine, or even a sip of beer. No alcohol since March 1st.

By and large, the month of March was a wash-out for me. I've been focused on little else outside of recovery from all the broken and fractured bones in my face, and the surgery on March 18th. By my estimation, there were around 17 days in the month of March when I only consumed food via a straw. And there were some additional days when the solid food I "ate" was mashed into pulp prior to putting it in my mouth so that all I needed to do was move it around a bit and then swallow. I didn't actually start chewing food until this past week.

I almost wish my fall had happened on February 28th instead of March 1st. At least I could say there was an entire calendar month of distance between then and now. But 31 days is a month regardless. And April is a new month. Time marches on and healing continues.

This afternoon I got my stitches removed which hurt like hell on a couple of them. So now the only souvenirs I have are a couple of titanium plates & screws. I will treasure those for life.

No comments: