Friday, August 18, 2006

Broken Flowers

We are notorious for hanging on to Netflix DVDs for 3-4 months sometimes before watching.

Last night I was in the mood for "Bad Education" but txrad wanted to watch "Broken Flowers" so that's what we settled into.

Jim Jarmusch is a brilliant director and the film was a treat with superb acting and visuals. However, I found the ending to be a huge letdown. Although it said a lot about confronting past relationships, it could easily have been his own delusional "what if?" scenario that never manifested itself. I wasn't sure if I'd spent an hour and 45 minutes watching someone else's daydream or an actual quest for something that just never quite worked out .


I'm not knocking the film as much as it seems. I highly recommend it -- but it's not what you'd call a "feel good" movie.


Rating: ,,,

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

No comments: