Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Political parties trump political conviction

What's up with this? Bill Clinton embraced Joe Lieberman last week to show his support and now Hillary Clinton has sent a check to the Lamont campaign, according to C&L. Is Bill now a Lamont supporter as well?

I'm sorry, I must be stupid. I just don't get this. I supported Lamont before his primary victory. I didn't switch overnight because I'm a Democrat being yanked like a puppet by party hierarchy. If they believe Lieberman is philosophically the best choice, why switch, considering he intends to run as an independent?

This is but one of many unsavory and dishonest aspects of politics. Would the same have happened if Lamont was to the right of Lieberman on most issues? I'm just asking.

More thoughts.

No comments: