Wednesday, August 16, 2006

The Obligatory Madonna Post

Madonna is 48 today -

What kind of queer blog can this be if I've never posted anything about Madonna? So... let's get it out of the way.

Prosecutors in Germany will be monitoring Madonna' s weekend concert in Düsseldorf to see if she repeats the mock crucifixion scene that has drawn fire from religious leaders.


Madonna, on her worldwide "Confessions" tour, wears a crown of fake thorns while performing on a mirrored cross.

Johannes Mocken, a spokesman for prosecutors in Düsseldorf, said that could be construed as insulting religious beliefs -- which is illegal under German law.

Well, pardon the f*ck out of me... I thought it was artistic expression. I guess that's illegal if someone interprets it to be insulting of some religious belief.
Let me reiterate: This is in Germany, not China, Iran, or North Korea.




No comments: