Monday, June 30, 2008

I Don't Care If You Can Play Guitar Behind Your Neck

I applied for a job today which I received notice of via LinkedIn. Not because I wanted it but because I was curious.

And a short time later I got a phone call from a previous employer offering me 25% more than my current salary.

I love my job but 25% pays my mortgage. And I'm among old friends. But some of my newer friends at the current joint seem older.

Oh, and I'd be working from home. But the new clients are far less prestigious.

So, what the fuck do I do? And my boss is in Italy for a much-deserved vacation but I need to make a decision by Tuesday of next week. This ain't gonna be painless for everyone involved, I can assure you.

This doesn't even take into account the job I applied for via the LinkedIn connection.

I'm not sure where to go next. It seems so gladiatorial. I'd rather get rich, fund something and die.

No comments: