Monday, June 23, 2008

RIP George Carlin

He was only 71. And I can't believe it's been 5 1/2 years since we saw him at the Paramount here in Austin. I would have guessed about three.




Well, I'm breaking my promise made in the last post. How can I lighten up when an icon has passed away? One of the few sane minds to be found. Someone who can literally bring me to tears from laughing. And someone who has his finger directly on the pulse of every single thing that is fucked up in the world.

We needed his voice and we needed more people to listen. And we needed him around for at least another decade. We have the profound works he left behind to keep us on our toes. But unfortunately, we're on our own going forward. And that "big red white and blue dick will continue to be rammed up our assholes every day."

No comments: