Monday, June 16, 2008

If You Can't Stand the Heat, Get Out of the Kitchen Austin

In lieu of a Monday Garden Blog, I'm going to do a blog about why we don't have much of a garden. Normally we don't have long stretches of heat like this until early July. I swear this has been going on for about 3 weeks if not longer. I'm thinking it started around the 3rd week of May.

Notice the apparent cold front which blows through on Wednesday. I'm not really believing it.




Next week isn't shaping up to be any different.



Thunderstorms and a high of 99° on Saturday. You just know that's gonna be fun.
I might have to kick the thermostat down from 82° to 81° tonight. Maybe even 80°.

It would be nice to feel the need to pull a sheet over my naked ass.

txrad comes home tomorrow night from North Dakota. It'll be considerably warmer at 11:00 pm when he steps off the plane than any daytime high he's experienced while he's been gone.

Just for contrast:


And here's the best part: I still don't turn on my a/c in the car when I'm coming home from work. Needless to say I don't turn it on at 6:30 in the morning either. Hey, there's always an afternoon breeze.

No comments: