Wednesday, June 04, 2008

It's Summer in Texas

I heard on the radio yesterday that we already set something like 9 high temperature records during the month of May and June is already proving to be relentless in the heat. Yesterday the official high was 100°F. The last time it rained it was actually ice balls falling from the sky. That was probably the week I started back to work. I'm in my 4th week now. Hard to believe.

txrad had this idea for a Question of the Day:

At what temperature do you keep your thermostat set during the summer months (or hot months as the case may be since it's not technically summer yet)?

Here's ours:

Photobucket


I'm fine with 82° but that's because I run around the house half dressed (or half undressed). Keep in mind that in our office with two computers running it's quite a bit warmer -- right now it's 84° in the office, despite the thermostat setting.

txrad prefers the thermostat to be set at 81° and then turning it down to 80° while we sleep. I'm not sure why he needs that extra degree or two of coolness except that "clothing-optional" isn't in his vocabulary.

I kick the covers and sheet off at either temperature so it doesn't matter to me.

No comments: