Friday, June 13, 2008

RIP Tim Russert

Photo credit: Reuters

The news that NBC's host of Meet the Press, Tim Russert, died today at 58 stunned me because of his age, and that I just saw him on MSNBC recently, but his death didn't actually surprise me that much. I joked awhile back during coverage of a presidential primary that he looked and acted drunk. Actually, he seemed in ill-health that night but I just assumed he was doing what I was doing: having a few too many drinks to celebrate polls closing.
The cause of death was not immediately clear. The network said on its Web site that Russert died of a heart attack, but Michael A. Newman, Russert's internist, later said that resuscitation was begun immediately and continued at Sibley Memorial Hospital, to no avail. An autopsy was pending, Newman said.

No comments: