Monday, November 20, 2006

Dec. 22 is marked on my calendar

Somehow I doubt the Pope will approve. Two peace activitsts have planned a Global Orgasm For Peace on December 22 as an anti-war demonstration.
The Global Orgasm for Peace was conceived by Donna Sheehan, 76, and Paul Reffell, 55, whose immodest goal is for everyone in the world to have an orgasm Dec. 22 while focusing on world peace.

"The orgasm gives out an incredible feeling of peace during it and after it," Reffell said Sunday. "Your mind is like a blank. It's like a meditative state. And mass meditations have been shown to make a change."

The couple are no strangers to sex and social activism. Sheehan, no relation to anti-war activist Cindy Sheehan, brought together nearly 50 women in 2002 who stripped naked and spelled out the word "Peace."

I don't celebrate the holidays but I do observe the winter solstice. However, I don't recall every celebrating it in this manner. Never one to shy away from a good meditative state, consider me on board for this peace movement.

Crossposted at B3

No comments: