Sunday, February 24, 2008

Governor Rick "Goodhair" Perry of Texas Is An Idiot

FYI, if you Google "Governor Goodhair" the 2nd match is a link directly to the official website of our esteemed Texas governor. He had this to say in Sunday's New York Times Magazine about the efforts to keep gays out of the Boy Scouts of America:
I am pretty clear about this one. Scouting ought to be about building character, not about sex. Period. Precious few parents enroll their boys in the Scouts to get a crash course in sexual orientation."

He said "period!" I am not kidding.

And it is so refreshing to be reminded that being gay is ALL about sex and nothing else. I frequently forget while I'm out in the world doing normal stuff, or writing a blog post, I'm supposed to be spread-eagle in the bed or perhaps on the kitchen table getting my ass pounded constantly -- preferably by a steady stream of men I don't know who are lined up at my door for their turn. So I'd like to send a big Thank You to the fine Governor for reminding me.

That's really what being gay is all about you know. It's one of the major differences between gays and heterosexual men -- sex is just not a big part of their lives.

No comments: