Thursday, February 14, 2008

The Bush Effect

Pardon me for cropping the head off an ass.


“At this moment, somewhere in the world terrorists are planning attacks on our country,’’ President Bush said in a brief, televised statement from the Oval Office this morning. “Their goal is to bring destruction to our shores that will make Sept. 11 pale by comparison.

Last night when I saw a video clip of Bush warning us that the terrorists were ready to unleash more terror on our shores that would make 9/11 pale in comparison unless he gets what he wants (telecom immunity and wiretapping abilities), I can't even tell you in this space what I said to txrad. It wasn't any kind of threat in any way whatsoever. In fact, it was a short question, very bluntly put forth during a spontaneous fit of outrage.

Sometimes Bush makes me so angry I instinctively have a verbal fuse-blowing event. There was no way in hell I could put those feelings into words. Thankfully, I don't have to. Melissa already did it fucking brilliantly. She ripped him a new asshole which is a far kinder thing than my speculative question last night.

No comments: