Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Tis the season to be jolly....

...fa la la la la la la fuck it

I should be in a better mood. It's 71 and sunny and it is mid-December. (It was 31 this morning but that's OK as long as the days are nice.) But I wish I didn't have to leave the house again until early January.

I can understand heavy traffic on the weekends during the time of ultimate excess consumerism but throughout the weekdays? Don't these people have jobs? I had a couple of errands to run today and decided to stop and grab lunch while I was out. I didn't get to the sandwich joint until 1:30 and usually have the place to myself by that time. The place was packed. I decided to eat outside to avoid the hustle & bustle. That proved to be a challenge. Having 3 or 4 hands would have been useful to keep my meal from blowing away, to fan away the bee wanting to get into my Coke, and to pull the long hippie hair out of my face.

My only real errand involved mailing some checks at the post office. That's always a fun place to go this time of year. After the dining experience and the p.o. I decided another errand was essential: the liquor store. I'll be jolly tonight for damn sure.

No comments: