Friday, January 02, 2009

First Time For Everything

I just got back from the liquor store where I purchased 3 bags of coffee. What makes this a first is that I didn't buy anything else. Just coffee. No beer and no booze.



My mother will be getting two of these bags as a gift for the new year. I am going to siphon off a few scoops from the Billy Goat Porter and Red House Roast. We usually drink the Chiapas which is exquisite.

I browsed around the store while waiting on the beans to be ground. Bottles of liquor didn't even look good to me after the festivities of the past couple of nights. However, I was intrigued by a bottle of wine called Nut House. It was $33 on sale from $40 and had a screw-off top. That would not bother me because I'm not a wine snob. I'm sure there are plenty of people out there who would never consider buying it for that reason.

When I left, after having all three bags ground, they thanked me for making their store smell so good.

No comments: