Saturday, December 02, 2006

I am a Book Snob... Apparently

What Kind of Reader Are You?
Your Result: Book Snob

You like to think you're one of the literati, but actually you're just a snob who can read. You read mostly for the social credit you can get out of it.

Literate Good Citizen
Dedicated Reader
Fad Reader
Obsessive-Compulsive Bookworm
Non-Reader
What Kind of Reader Are You?
Create Your Own Quiz


The Minstrel Boy had this on his blog. I wasn't even going to take this quiz because I hardly ever read books. The last one I read was a biography about Janis Joplin which I read about 3 years ago. There are three books I keep handy at all times:
a thesaurus (and why the hell don't I use it more often?), a dictionary, and the World Almanac & Book of Facts. The almanac is one book I consider absolutely essential for my sanity -- I've been buying it annually since I was in my mid-teens. Actually, until I moved away from home at 18, it was always one of my Christmas presents from my parents which I demanded. It usually goes on sale right after Thanksgiving and it was torture for me to wait a month until I could open my favorite present.

The best thing about being an adult now is not having to wait on that silly tradition. I have my 2007 edition already.

No comments: