Friday, June 02, 2006

Friday Pussy Blog: Part 2 of 5


This is Samantha. Or as I like to call her, "Miss Siam". She was our first adopted girl. We got her on July 28, 1996 from a pet adoption service in Los Angeles. She was a year old then which makes her about 11 now.

We didn't adopt her so much as she adopted us. We were looking at kittens but this 1 year old cat had the most beautiful eyes. When I took her from the cage and held her she immediately began purring and "making biscuits" on my shirt.

I've never seen a friendlier or more easy-going feline. She is everybody's friend and if we have repair people over to our house for any reason, I usually need to stash her in a room because she will not leave anyone alone.

The journey from Los Angeles to Austin was quite stressful. She had to be checked like luggage for the flight which fortunately was non-stop.

This is a typical Samantha pose... all sprawled across the floor waiting for the belly rub.

She is the sweetest girl and the only trait of hers that annoys me is her litter box routine. She cannot seem to get her butt IN the box. It usually hangs over the edge so a few paper towels under the box are essential! What kind of Daddy would do that if he didn't have the utmost love and admiration for a child who has given us much love in return.

She has also eliminated my need for an alarm clock. She comes to the bedroom every morning (along with the other 2 indoor cats) and waits for me to arise. I'll hear her periodic wails of "raoul" which is how she meows most of the time. It's her way of saying "feed me" and it's impossible to sleep through it. Until next time, happy pussy Friday!

1 comment:

Friðvin said...

She says the same about me! Actually she just adores me.