Saturday, June 24, 2006

Saturday Wasted

I'm being very lazy today and preferring to work on my blog rather than think about something to write. I'm quite sick of discussing politics and Iraq particularly. I had an enjoyable evening last night hanging out at Shakespeare's Sister in the "virtual pub" and that always requires some extended recovery!

Oh, here's something interesting over at

Agape Press.
Since I have some Sirius stock in my retirement portfolio, any news related to them will catch my eye.

The Sirius satellite radio network, well known for its association with notorious "shock jock" Howard Stern, is now attracting a large audience because of its addition of a Christian channel.

Scott Miller, program director for FamilyNet Radio, says the Christian channel, which features a variety of Christian talk, news, preaching, and children's programs, has already made a big impact with Sirius customers.

"It goes back to what scripture says: what the enemy intended for evil, God has used for good," Miller observes. "Sirius Satellite has been advertised as the Howard Stern radio network, and there have been people who have been buying Sirius Satellite radios to get Howard Stern that have stumbled across Channel 159 and have accepted Christ."

OK, whatever. I somehow have a difficult time believing that someone would sign up for satellite radio in order to hear Howard Stern, then stumble across a Christian channel, and suddenly "accept Christ." But we do live in an odd world. Oh, leave the world out of it, we live in an odd country! Just keep 'em paying that monthly subscription fee and help out an old pagan fag in his retirement years!

I think I prefer
Sirius channel 106 instead.

Oh wait! I have found Jesus and he's bearing gifts from God! I guess Saturday night isn't going to be as boring as I thought!

No comments: