Monday, June 12, 2006

My thoughts on the Banderas/Phelps-Roper "interview"

http://hotair.com/archives/the-blog/2006/06/12/video-julie-banderas-goes-nuclear-on-phelps-matriarch/

HOT AIR has this link to the so-called interview between Julie Banderas of Fox News and Shirley Phelps-Roper of the Phelps klan and pictured in a post yesterday organizing her "hate sign library."

If you are in the minority and haven't seen the "interview" click the link. I implore you.

I wouldn't exactly call it an interview. Banderas was frothing at the mouth -- not that I can blame her. I would have probably had my hands around the throat of that crazy shitbag, but I'm not a talk show host, reporter or journalist. I expect just a wee bit of tongue biting from those people who have a guest on the show (yes, even that low-life scum!). It was less "interview" and more a circus sideshow setup. Or freakshow to be precise.

I found this link in a post originally over at Pam's House Blend and added the following comment:

A little too much fur flying for my taste, although it was highly entertaining. Personally, had I been interviewing that crazy psycho screaming bitch from the darkest pit of hell's fury, I would not have interrupted her so much. Allowing her to speak uninterrupted would have framed her more effectively than engaging in that Springer-esque shit.

My point is this: if you have someone of that ilk on your talk show, you don't really need to go off the deep end trying to make them sound like they are 13 bottles short of a dozen. LET THEM DO THE WORK FOR YOU. After allowing her to establish just how insane she is, which in her case might have been after successfully completing one full sentence, THEN, by all means, verbally toss her in the furnace where she belongs and slam the door shut.


My anger towards anyone in that Phelps cult knows no parallel. Which is exactly why it would have been nice to hear that humanoid from the deep spewing her toxic green goo-sewage uninterrupted for at least 5 seconds.

My concern is that the "cat-fight" almost over-shadowed the message from that insane wench.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, Kona, she's certifiable. They all are. And their whole "church" thrives on attention. If they didn't get any, they might - just maybe - disappear into the nothingness they deserve.

But as far as hating them...it's just a waste of energy. It's impossible to teach someone who thinks he has all the answers.