Thursday, December 03, 2009

Meat: It's What's For Dinner

Well, not literally, since we're both vegetarians and have been for about 18 years. But we just walked out on the patio and scared away a rather large opossum. Txrad said, "those things scare me." I replied, "Not me; they're tasty."

Yes, I have eaten opossum as well as armadillo and a few other critters. I despised deer meat. It's way to gamey for my taste. And as for turkey, I could only handle the white meat. I hated the dark meat. But if my recollection is true, I thought opossum and armadillo made great BBQ meat.

So, Question of the Day: What's the most exotic meat you've ever eaten, and did you like it?

The guy who prepared the armadillo and opossum was the dad of my cousin's cousins in small-town southeast Arkansas. He'd do this big BBQ every July 4th and I was probably 11 or 12 when I tasted those delicacies. He also offered up some rattlesnake, but I politely declined.

No comments: