Thursday, January 18, 2007

Chunks of Ice Are Falling



For those of you lucky enough to have never experienced an ice storm, allow me to enlighten you. It's one thing for a light rain or drizzle to fall in freezing temperatures causing ice to form on roads, bridges, trees, or anything else. It does so very quietly. You might never know it's happening which is rather scary. And then with enough weight building up on surfaces, things can sag or break. It's particularly annoying when the thing that snaps happens to be a power line.

The real fun begins when the temperatures warm up enough to cause the ice to dislodge and fall. There are chunks falling all over the yard. It sounds like golf balls hitting the ground. It's almost funny. I will not be walking out in the yard until this is done. A severe head injury is not on my wish list.

Gee, I'm glad I'm not downtown walking beneath a 30-story building.

No comments: