Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Snowing in Austin

Here's about 40 seconds of video taken just an hour or so ago. The first segment is our backyard. Only light snow and sleet were falling. Another 10 seconds at the end shows a few larger flakes falling in a shot from the kitchen window looking toward our street. It's noon, precip is still falling, and apparently more on the way.



I hate to say this, but your konagod isn't the brightest bulb in the pack. I'm wearing socks and sandals and I keep using my foot to break the ice in the cat's water bowl. I've done this 3 times and each time my foot gets soaked with ice cold water. I guess I should go change my socks (again).

Update: What a wasted trip. My business checking account is overdrawn and I had a check that needed depositing. So off I went about 3:30 this afternoon to the bank. The area where we live is at a higher elevation than central Austin. Our neighborhood roads were a bit dicey. It's a mile to a major U.S. highway. Once I got there the roads were slushy but fine. Streets in Austin were simply wet. Nevertheless, the city was virtually shut down. My bank was closed so I made a night deposit. (And they'd better not be processing checks tonight -- if I see that any checks bounce tonight someone is gonna get an ear full of my wrath tomorrow!)

Two of my regular liquor stores were also closed but on my way home I found one open. So there's tequila in the house for a cold wintry night. And it has begun to sleet again.

No comments: