Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Good Morning Sunshine

I never thought I'd wake up in a happy mood when it's 25 degrees and has been drizzling all night. I'm happy because we still have electricity and the coffee has been brewed. All is well. I foolishly went out to see if the newspapers were here, knowing they wouldn't be due to icy roads. Even if the highways have been sanded, it is quite hilly in our neighborhood and remains to be seen whether I can get out to the highway later today. And it appears this isn't over yet.




It's finally getting light enough outside now that I can make out some trees against the sky and it does not appear to be very severe in our back yard. Nothing like this situation in Springfield, MO:

Click photo for more details
AP Photo/Mark Schiefelbein



Time for a 2nd cup of coffee.

No comments: