Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Day #2

Is it only Tuesday?

I must say, things are not moving along as I had hoped. This is going to require a stretch on my part. The good news (if you want to define it as such) is that I have a 7/10 mile jog from my parking garage to my office. And then back again in the afternoon.

There is a free bus service that runs along the route but I have yet to see the bus while I'm walking and I arrive at my destination before seeing a bus. It's OK. Walking 1.5 miles a day never hurt anyone.

The orientation sessions seem to have stopped. Any loose ends at work seem to have become my responsilbility to solve. There has not be a tour of the building yet and I've taken it upon myself to tour at my leisure.

We had a staff meeting today. That was interesting. Here was the agenda:

Items to discuss:

1. Good news
2. Your metric-determine
3. Your "Rock"
4. Reoccuring issues
5. One phrase closing -- a word to represent how you feel at the moment


Needless to say, a common theme among those responding was something comparable to "overload." (Meetings such as this probably don't help, but what the fuck do I know?)

My one phrase closing word was "bi-coastal."

No one asked. I sure as hell didn't tell.

I just wish I had more time to blog. But... funny as it seems, I took this job because business was slow. Almost immediately, business picked up, at least from the perpective of potential leads, and now I'm feeling overwhelmed.

As if that's not enough, I left work early today to deal with tax crap. The 940 form, a 941, and personal property tax, and no money to pay for ANY of it.

But there's always hope for change. Meanwhile, I'm sure as hell getting my exercise.

No comments: