Friday, August 28, 2009

Friday Pussy Blog: The Furrrminator Edition

For many weeks now, txrad has been wanting to buy one of these Furrminator combs. I was trying not to encourage him because they are around $30, and we do have a brush for the cats which works pretty well. The last thing I wanted was to spend that amount of money on something which frankly had me skeptical.

A week or so ago while at Petsmart, they had one on sale slightly, if you have one of those Perks cards, and txrad was talking about it, and I said, "go ahead, buy it."




It sat around here on the kitchen table unused for about a week. I finally picked it up one afternoon earlier this week and gave Sissy a combing session. She's notorious for pulling out clumps of hair and depositing them on the bedroom floor. After about 5 minutes of gentle combing, I was astonished at the pile of cat hair! I wish I had taken a picture.

Instead, I got pictures of the Tot a few days later and his mini-pile which is nothing compared to Sissy's. I am completely sold on the Furrminator and believe every cathouse should have one.




Furthermore, after I was done I have the Tot some strokes with my hand and his coat felt like he'd just had a bath recently. Amazing.

He appreciated the grooming and decided to snuggle up with his nose firmly planted in my stinky Birkenstock.



Happy Friday! Praise the Ceiling Cat because the workweek was comprised of extreme suckage and annoyances.

*******

UPDATE: I was just out on the patio enjoying my least favorite smoking product when txrad walked out and proclaimed, "I found a typo."

My reply was something along the lines of, "well god damn. Don't be telling me this shit. That's all I've had at work all week is finishing a project and then having people come back to me with a problem."

And then I asked, "What is it?"

txrad responded, "I'm not telling you."

No biggie. I found the damned thing and it's fixed and I am now off the clock.