Saturday, October 31, 2009

An Arkansas Band Makes Good

On Thursday I was reading the Arkansas Times and I read a piece about a band called Gossip with Beth Ditto on vocals. They got started in the Searcy, Arkansas area and went on to extraordinary fame in Europe.

The fact that Beth Ditto is a fat woman, and a rocker extraordinaire, did not escape my notice. A fat woman comfortable in her skin and her talent.

I was telling txrad tonight about this band from Arkansas with a fat woman on vocals, and he asked, "Beth Ditto?" I had no idea whatsoever that he knew of her. Interesting. We are so aligned.

This video gives me chills and I wish I was, or had been, in Little Rock for the gig.





She's fat and you can't do anything about it. And she's fucking awesome. Just enjoy.



This gets better when YouTube can take a storage dump.

No comments: