Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Another one bites the dust

I've only been blogging for just over 2 months now. The thing that amazes me the most is not the amount of effort that is required to keep the blogmentum going, although it's significant. I'll confess: there are good days and there are days where I just do not want to think about serious issues at all, or I have creative constipation.

What really blows me away is the effort required to maintain the sidebar, and specifically, the blogroll! I see lots of blogs with a blogroll a mile long... with dozens if not hundreds of blogs listed. I try to keep mine short -- blogs that I personally find interesting and like to visit at least once a week if not daily, depending on my workload.

In the short time I've been blogging I've had to remove at least 3 or 4 that suddenly died. And today I've learned of another one: Jason Sizemore's ”The Brutal Truth”. I liked his blog because the rant factor could be off-the-scale sometimes.

Rest in peace, TBT. And hope to see Sizemore commenting occasionally on some blogs although given his aversion to 56k dial-up, that may not be likely.

No comments: