Saturday, August 19, 2006

Say no more, say no more...

"We will defeat the terrorists and expand freedom across the world..." -- Bush

Ambitious little prick -- I'll give him that.

Define "freedom" while I see if I can pick the lock on these damned Chinese shackles that are making my ankles bleed.

So while that Walking Soundbite in Search of a Purpose is busy spreading freedom across the world, China, one of the most undemocratic and repressive regimes on the planet is making far more progress in winning the hearts and minds of Africa.

From the New York Times:

..China seems to be offering Africa something new, a straightforward business relationship between equals based on mutual interest and noninterference in the internal affairs of its allies. Or as the economist Jeffrey Sachs put it at a conference in Beijing this week, “China gives fewer lectures and more practical help.”

Wheeww, I think I smell a rat.

No comments: