Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Heaven Is a Place Where Nothing Ever Happens

Question of the Day:

Let's assume Heaven is like a college dorm. And let's assume you believe in Heaven. Who would you want to be your roommate?

I was thinking about this while taking a shower this morning. And I'd have to say John Lennon is who I'd want for a roommate.

I don't believe in the traditional idea of Heaven as a place that we each go to when we die. I have no evidence to back up my beliefs, but neither do you if you disagree with me. Now that I think about it, whenever I am in a position to examine Heaven, I am always with myself in a pre-afterlife stage.

I'm not saying there isn't a permanent "resting place," I'm just not saying there is. And if there is, I can't believe we go there one by one after passing from this life. I'm more apt to believe that it's a place we might go after the universe explodes, or at the very least, after our own sun goes supernova and reduces our planet to a few pounds of fine powdery ash, and we need to collectively regroup to figure out how to create another "Big Bang." Kind of reminds me of work in that regard.

In the meantime, I can't be too concerned about Heaven. I'm still trying to figure out what the hell is going on HERE.

On a related note, here's yesterday's birthday boy.



RIP Jerry Falwell. I hope it was all worth your effort.


No comments: